HERMES is an all-in-one methodology for project and programme management. It can be used for a wide range of projects, from organisational change and information technology to service development. The Swiss government develops HERMES and makes it freely available as an open standard.
HERMES supports the steering, management and execution of projects with various levels of complexity and characteristics. It is a modular solution and can be easily expanded.
HERMES distinguishes between traditional and hybrid project management. Hybrid project management allows for different agile development methods to be integrated.
The Swiss government develops HERMES and makes it freely available as an open standard. It is recognised by the eCH Association as standard eCH-0054. Many cantons, town administrations, educational institutions and private businesses are now using HERMES.
HERMES can be used straight away, offering the following features:
- a web tool to support the methodology
- scenarios for specific project processes
- checklists and templates for project management
HERMES is simple and easy to understand:
- clear task descriptions with activities
- specific role descriptions
- document templates for fast results
- contracting parties in enforcing governance and sustainability
- project leaders in planning, control and management
- project staff in execution of the project
- senior management in the overall strategic control of projects