The Federal Chancellery and the Federal Procurement Conference (FPC) intend to encourage the systematic use of eProcurement within the Federal Administration by using electronic resources such as the internet with a view to ensuring that procurement procedures are conducted efficiently and cost-effectively.
eProcurement should be used in internal procurement processes as well as in transactions between procurement services and businesses and their customers.
Aims of eProcurement
- To reduce procurement costs and increase efficiency in the procurement process
- To increase transparency internally and externally
- To strengthen competition
- To encourage procurement services to be more client oriented
- To support sustainable procurement practices
The IT in Public Procurement Service within the Digital Transformation and ICT Steering Sector (DTI) coordinates initiatives on digital transformation regarding procurement and is involved in various projects and bodies at national and international level.
The links below are partly only available in German, French and Italian.