Accessibility in TERMDAT
Digital information and services make it easier for people with disabilities to communicate with public sector bodies. This allows social involvement and political participation for all.
The Federal Administration seeks to design website content and mobile apps to be accessible. The eCH-0059 Accessibility Standard Version 3 calls for compliance with the criteria of WCAG 2.1 at conformance level AA.
The provisions on accessibility are set out in the following acts and ordinances:
- Article 8 paragraph 2 of the Federal Constitution states that no person shall be discriminated against on the grounds of physical, mental or psychological disability.
- The Disability Discrimination Act (DDA) sets out measures to prevent, reduce or eliminate discrimination against people with disabilities.
- The Ordinance on the Elimination of Discrimination against People with Disabilities (EPDO) contains provisions on the requirements for the disability-friendly design of federal services.
- Article 9 of the UN Convention on the Rights of People with Disabilities calls on states parties to take appropriate measures to ensure that disabled people have equal access to facilities and services provided to the public.
This website is partially compatible with the WCAG 2.1, conformance level AA. The exemptions are listed below.
Incompatibility with accessibility regulations:
- Keyboard functionality is at a good level with minor improvements required. These adaptations are planned for a release in Q2/2023 at the latest. There may also be smaller ongoing improvements before then.
- Use with a screen reader is not yet optimal and is difficult in places. An improvement is planned for a release in Q2/2023 at the latest. There may also be smaller ongoing improvements before then.
The accessibility statement was created on 01.06.2022.
The accessibility statement was last updated on 01.06.2022.